Charlie Sheen’s Longtime Publicist Resigns
As Charlie Sheen made another round of media appearances — vowing to sue CBS over the suspension of “Two and a Half Men’ and demanding more money for his work on the show — the actor’s longtime publicist resigned today.
“I have worked with Charlie Sheen for a long time and I care about him very much,’ publicist Stan Rosenfield said. “However, at this time, I’m unable to work effectively as his publicist and have respectfully resigned.’
CBS announced Thursday that it had suspended production of “Two and a Half Men’ for the remainder of the television season, citing Sheen’s “statements, conduct and condition.’ The show was placed on hiatus in late January when Sheen entered rehab after a marathon party that landed the actor in a hospital.
In the weeks since, Sheen has launched blistering verbal attacks against the show’s creator, Chuck Lorre. When Sheen went on the Alex Jones radio show last week and lashed out at Lorre again, the network opted to shelve the show for the rest of the season.
On the show, Sheen said he “embarrassed (Lorre) in front of his children and the world by healing at a pace that this un-evolved mind cannot process.’
“I’ve spent, I think, close to the last decade, I don’t know, effortlessly and magically converting your tin can into pure gold,’ Sheen said. “And the gratitude I get is this charlatan chose not to do his job, which is to write.’
He went on to refer to Alcoholics Anonymous as a “bootleg cult.’
Sheen made a variety of network appearances in the last few days.
He told ABC’s “Good Morning America’ today that he planned to sue CBS.
In an NBC interview, he said he was “underpaid’ for his work on the show, even though
he earns nearly $2 million an episode.
He told NBC he should be making $3 million an episode.
Copyright © 2011 City News Service