Beverly Hills News – Will Rogers Award Winners Announced At The Montage
Updated: Friday, October 16, 2015 – 3:07 PM
The evening went off “without a hitch”, as they say. Beverly Hills residents came out in force to show their love of the City and their support for the Beverly Gardens Park. With a real Vegas-style show for entertainment, the room was packed to the rafters, aglow with the spirit of the evening. Against a backdrop of the Electric Fountain, awards recipients showed they were delighted and jubilant when it was announced that they were the recipients of the First Annual Will Rogers Awards!
Dressed in black-tie and gowns, guests were treated to a truly wonderful evening with Dave Koz as the Master of Ceremonies and a Vintage Rat Pack show from Matt Goss and his 9-piece band with The Dirty Virgin Dancers.
The surprise of the evening went to Jeffrey Hyland, author, historian, realtor and President of Hilton & Hyland. He received recognition he truly deserved – The Community Hero Award.
Posted: Friday, October 16, 2015 – 10:11 AM
By Victoria Talbot
The Winners of the First Annual Will Rogers Awards were announced last night at the Montage Beverly Hills.
The winners are:
• BEST HISTORIC COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT: 479 North Rodeo Dr. – owned by the Pashaie Family, and restored by architect Hamid Gabbay • REAL ESTATE ROOKIE OF THE YEAR: David Konheim • BEST HISTORIC RETAIL BUSINESS: Gearys Beverly Hills
• BEST NEW RETAIL BUSINESS: Wally’s Beverly Hills
• BEST HISTORIC RESTAURANT: Nate ‘n Al
• BEST NEW RESTAURANT: Maude
• BEST HISTORIC RESIDENTIAL RESTORATION: 1001 North Roxbury Dr., restored by architect Mark Rios and now owned by Josh and Lisa Greer
• BEST NEW RESIDENTIAL CONSTRUCTION: 706 North Hillcrest, designed by architect Tom Proctor
• BEST NEW COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT: 9800 Wilshire Boulevard, The Gores Group Headquarters designed by Belzberg Architects
• REAL ESTATE LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT: Linda May
• COMMUNITY HERO AWARD: Jeff Hyland.
Editor’s Note: The Courier congratulates Steve Gordon and Gaby Alexander for bringing the Will Rogers Awards together, and for giving their time and treasure for the enrichment of the City of Beverly Hills.