Active Retirement—Raya’s Paradise Offers Superior In-Home Care From A Leading Residential Care Provider
Posted: Friday, August 25, 2017 – 1:33 PM
Raya’s Paradise—a collection of six highly-respected home-like residential-care facilities serving the entire Westside and Valley—is now offering that same superior care for clients in the comfort of their own homes.
“We’ve been providing quality care since my mother, Raya Gamburd, established the first Raya’s Paradise in 1991,” says Moti M. Gamburd, CARE Homecare owner/executive director. “And we’ve had a lot of people saying “my relative is not quite ready for a facility, do you offer home care?”
So the company has developed a service dedicated to helping clients in their homes. CARE Homecare (www.carehomecare.net) sends qualified and trained caregivers to homes to help with daily routines, tasks and non-medical observation.
Services, available for 4 to 24 hours (in shifts) include providing medication assistance and reminders including pharmacy support, meal planning and preparation, exercise and strengthening, activities at home including art, music, reading, gardening, cooking, brain-stimulating activities, games and regular physical activity, companionship, safe and reliable transportation to wherever clients wish to go and even light housekeeping.
Moti Gamburd urges people to seek out licensed homecare agencies. As of Jan. 1, 2016 the state has a new policy and homecare agencies must be licensed by the California Department of Social Services. CARE Homecare has been licensed since that date.
Here are a few points to show how CARE Homecare differs from other agencies:
• Caregivers are extensively screened and trained at Raya’s ‘s Paradise six locations (three more are on the way) so loved ones get the same level of care as they would at one of the residential care homes.
• A full-time licensed nurse is on staff to assess homecare clients and make random visits to make sure care is appropriate and to suggest and implement changes as necessary.
• All caregivers are employees, not independent contractors. They’re all insured and bonded; with Workers Comp and liability insurance, a client is not responsible for any injuries sustained.
• Caregivers are registered with the department of social services and have undergone full criminal background checks.
• A full-time social worker/case manager also visits residents helping in any way they can with issues like finding doctors, dealing with VA benefits, etc.
• CARE Homecare also has trained and experienced caregivers for Alzheimer’s and dementia care.
Over its years in business, Raya’s Paradise and CARE Homecare have developed a network of resources: Geriatric Psychiatrist, Mobile Physicians, mobile labs and any other procedure that needs to be done at home.
To make sure clients’ homes are safe, The Gamburd family, owners and operators of Raya’s Paradise and CARE Homecare, also own a reputable home accessibility company, Gamburd Inc. (www.gamburd.com), developed and operated by Israel Gamburd who grew up in the residential-care industry with his brother Moti.
Gamburd Inc. provides ramps, grab bars, stair chairs and much more.
Another advantage of CARE Homecare is that clients have the satisfaction of knowing they can easily transition into a Raya’s Paradise community if they need to, often with just five other residents, and have the same caregivers, nurse, case manager, medical staff and administrator with a high level of care. “The care team remains the same,” says Gamburd.
CARE Homecare has several long and established working relationships with some of the finest hospice and palliative-care providers in L.A. County.
Caregivers are not permitted to provide any “skilled medical care,” but they will work closely with the agency of a client’s choice to make sure their loved one stays as comfortable and pain-free as possible during hospice or palliative care.
For more information on CARE Homecare, call 323-851-7478 or www.carehomecare.net.
For Raya’s Paradise, call 310-289-8834 or visit www.rayasparadise.com.