George Christy Talks About Reeve Chudd, President Trump, The Handmaid’s Tale and more!
A man of letters.
A man of law.
Reeve Chudd is people you should know.
The best-read attorney we have met. Pursuing classic novels and insightful memoirs of the high and mighty. Along with the literature of law and the mercurial commentary within the political arena.
A partner and chair of the Estate Planning, Probate and Trusts Department at Ervin Cohen & Jessup LLP, he joined the esteemed firm in Beverly Hills directly out of law school.
“You can’t do this work for 40 years without a passion for it, and a personal imperative that our clients understand what we are doing for them.”
His vast knowledge surrounding planned charitable giving and tax-exempt entities remains extraordinary.
He also focuses on non-tax issues of wealth transfers such as the transition of control of family-owned businesses, providing an inheritance without inhibiting the drive and ambition of one’s heirs. As well as protecting children’s inherited wealth from themselves and others.
Reeve’s peerless education includes the top-flight Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania, among other degrees with honors.
His astute summations about our political scene today are worth knowing and discussing:
• “About the accomplishments of President Trump’s first year in office, let us consider on his increase on the Consumer Confidence Index, a terrific assessment of how ordinary consumers feel about the strength of the economy, to its highest level since 2000.”
• Significantly decreased illegal immigrant border crossings (promised by Presidents Clinton and Obama, as well as Senator Harry Reid, but never delivered until now).
• The tax cut.
• Significantly increased oil production in the U.S. with the restarting of the Keystone XL Pipeline and drilling in the Artic and Gulf of Mexico.
• Roll-back of thousands of business-crushing regulations.
• Declaring Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel (promised by several past Presidents, but never accomplished before).
• Convinced NATO allies to finally increase their military defense spending to their promised, but heretofore never delivered, levels.
• The fighting and degrading of the Islamic State (ISIS).
• Finally permitted the Veterans Administration to terminate bad employees.
• Stock market and median household income, both up to record highs and unemployment at record lows.
• Created incentives for companies to keep operations and jobs in America.
• Negotiated the release of 6 U.S. humanitarian workers held captive in Egypt.
As to the constant accusation of Russia’s collusion to help elect Donald Trump, consider how unfounded that accusation is when counting how the President has:
• Implemented steps to significantly step up U.S. oil and natural gas production, continuing to depress world prices on the Russian economy.
• Ordered a successful air strike in Syria, killing approximately 100 Russian mercenaries and contract workers supporting the Assad regime forces.
• Obtained increased military spending by NATO allies. The Russian Federation is NOT a member of NATO.
• Engendered the export of weapons, including American-made Javelin anti-tank missiles, to Ukraine, to help Kiev defend against separatists backed by Moscow.
• And pushed for more coal to be sold to energy-strapped Ukraine, which undermined the stranglehold Russia has on Ukraine’s energy supply.
Consequently, Reeve reflects, exactly why would Russia have wanted to help Donald Trump win an election?
• The President’s negotiations resulted in the release of three American hostages from North Korea’s prison camps, where insiders say they hadn’t seen a day of sunlight during their long and painful captivity.
Glory be to God!