Posted: Wednesday, January 21, 2015 – 1:26 PM
Beverly Hills High School received its second telephonic bomb threat this month when an unidentified caller phoned the school at approximately 12:30 p.m., Beverly Hills Police Sgt. Max Subin confirmed. BHPD is now investigating the campus and all students have been evacuated to the football field, he said.
On Jan. 5, BHHS received a telephonic bomb threat, prompting BHPD and the school district to evacuate the students to Roxbury Park. Even though BHPD cleared the campus of the threat within an hour, the decision was still made to send students home for the remainder of the day.
“It pains me that today our students, staff, parents and community have to experience the fear and anxiety associated with another bomb threat and evacuation at Beverly Hills High School,” Board of Education President Brian Goldberg said. “We are working closely with BHPD to find those responsible but what we really need from the City is our School Resource Officer program reinstated. Our residents deserve the best protection available and I believe that is our SRO Officers at each school site.”
Subin said the BHPD is still in the process of investigating the bomb threat earlier this month. The City and school district are currently in the process of working toward a solution that will make Beverly Hills schools safer.
The Courier will continue to update this story through the day as more information becomes available.