Beverly Hills News – Conrad Hilton Will be Checking Out of Jail and Into Menninger | BH Courier

Beverly Hills News – Conrad Hilton Will be Checking Out of Jail and Into Menninger

conrad-hilton-b

Posted: Wednesday, May 10, 2017 – 1:22 PM

 (CNS) – A judge Wednesday set bail at $90,000 for Paris Hilton’s younger brother and ruled that he can be released to his father for transport to a Texas psychiatric hospital while awaiting arraignment on charges that he took a car and disobeyed a domestic-relations court order.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Mark Hanasono warned 23-year-old Conrad Hughes Hilton, who has remained jailed since he was arrested about 5:45 a.m. Saturday by Los Angeles police, that he would be taken back into custody if he leaves the Menninger Clinic  in Houston while awaiting arraignment June 29,

“He is not to leave the Menninger hospital unless he is to be placed in another medical or mental health facility,” the judge said.

“… If Mr. Hilton does not remain in that hospital or otherwise violates the terms and conditions of his bail, he will be taken back into custody immediately, with a warrant being issued,” Hanasono said.

Just after Hilton wadded up a document he was handed by a courtroom bailiff, the judge noted that the defendant had been served with a new protective order barring him from contacting or harassing his ex-girlfriend or her parents.

“Mr. Hilton, please take these conditions seriously,” the judge told the great-grandson of hotel magnate Conrad Hilton. “If you violate any of the terms, you will wind up back in custody.”

Hilton responded, “I will never, your honor. I am sorry for disrespecting this entire courtroom and this entire state …”

Hilton was charged Tuesday with one felony count of driving or taking a vehicle without consent, two misdemeanor counts of disobeying a domestic relations restraining order and one misdemeanor count of contempt of court. He reportedly refused to come to court from jail Tuesday.

Co-defendant William James Bell, 20, of Santa Monica, is charged with one felony count of driving or taking a vehicle without consent. He is scheduled to be arraigned June 1.

The pair allegedly took a 2007 Bentley Continental from the home of Hilton’s ex-girlfriend’s father, then allegedly drove to another house looking for his ex-girlfriend in violation of a restraining order.

Hilton could face nearly four years in jail if convicted as charged, while Bell could face up to three years, according to the District Attorney’s Office.

Police initially received a radio call at 4:50 a.m. Saturday of a restraining order suspect in the 2300 block of Jupiter Drive and found Hilton inside the Bentley that belonged to his ex-girlfriend’s father, said LAPD Officer Jenny Houser.

Hilton was sentenced last June to two months behind bars after testing positive for drugs, violating the terms of his probation for a July 2014 meltdown on a British Airways flight from London to Los Angeles.

He had been sentenced to three years probation after pleading guilty in 2015 to a misdemeanor charge accusing him of assaulting two flight attendants aboard the flight.

Hilton was restrained and handcuffed by flight attendants on the transcontinental flight after an outburst in which he called fellow passengers “peasants” and accused the crew of “taking the peasants’ side,” according to court papers.

In a separate case last year, the Los Angeles resident pleaded guilty to evading arrest and was sentenced to 90 days in sheriff’s custody, with 89 days in a work release program.

CNS-05-10-2017 13:00

Return to Full List

facebooktwitterpinterestmail